The TenDlite by Lumina Group Inc has been on the market for over 8 years years. Compared to many of the recent models originating in China is expensive but very well made by a U.S manufacturer.
Small, portable and battery powered this light is targeted at pain relief.
With over 8 years of sales behind it, there is no surprise this is a top seller and has received many positive reviews. On Amazon, the average rating is 4.1 stars and has been rated over 1000 times!
We like the portability and the ease of use but the price means not everyone will be able to enjoy the benefit of this LED Red light therapy device.
- FALL SUPER SALE WITH BONUS COUPON!!THE ONE AND ONLY TENDLITE DIRECT THERAPY THE EVOLUTION OF PAIN MEDICINE The World's #1 Red Light Therapy | MEDICAL GRADE Strength & Relief | FDA cleared LED Light Therapy Device - for your Joint Pain Relief.
- THE SECRET TO YOUR PAIN FREE LIVING Localized Red Light Therapy Supports Healthy Joints - HEALTHY, PAIN FREE JOINTS ALLOW YOU TO FOCUS ON ACTIVITIES THAT HELP WITH STRENGTH, FLEXIBILITY & MOBILITY - Tendlite has a powerful and safe LED at the Therapeutic Wavelength of 660 nm. Direct Red Light for Easy, Fast, Safe & Painless Therapy: Just shine the Light for 1 minute Directly at the Joint or Muscle.
- DOCTOR-RECOMMENDED & USED BY HEALTH PROFESSIONALS TENDLITE utilizes state of the art technology used on Pro Athletes by today's leading Doctors, Physical Therapists and Trainers. Now you can successfully apply to ease painful joints and muscles at home for a fraction of the cost. PROFESSIONAL QUALITY RIGHT AT YOUR HOME.
- TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR ACHES AND PAINS WITH SCIENCE BASED RED LIGHT THERAPY Drug-Free | Not Addictive | No Drug Side-effects | RED LIGHT THERAPY IS USED TO SUPPORT RECOVERY BY EASING ACHES AND PAINS.
- ASSEMBLED IN THE USA UNDER RENOWNED CALTECH ENGINEER SUPERVISION TO LAST AND PERFORM 5-YEAR Warranty on the High-Tech Therapeutic LED Bulb + 1 Year Full Warranty on the whole Device. Top Quality Stainless-steel Construction. Not Available in Stores - Order Here!
- Lightweight and portable
- Well made
- 660nm wavelength of light
- Built in timer
- Limited battery life
- Small area of coverage
- Questions about the company
Analysis & Review
We have found little information on Lumina Group inc although they have been selling this product for over 7 years. We find it strange that they do not appear to have a physical address listed on either their website or even in their instruction manual and we only managed to find they are located in San Diego through their Facebook page. They may not be the easiest to contact as we couldn’t find a telephone number listed for them anywhere.
Look and Design
This is a professional level product when it comes to the build quality and feel. It is made from a well-machined metal casing that is smooth and a nice color.
The Tendlite comes with a nice case to keep the parts together. It almost feels like a small flashlight and we have no doubt that with a different bulb it could be used as a portable flashlight
The device itself is small, lightweight and highly portable. You could keep it in your pant pockets or purse quite comfortably to use as and when you need to.
You should not look into the light and to prevent this they include some goggles which are large and cover your eyes comfortably.
The unit is turned on with a simple push button and while it felt o.k to us, we have read reports that this has broken on some users devices shortly after receiving the unit.
It comes with basic but complete instructions that are easy to follow.
Setup and Ease of use
Once unboxed you are required to charge the battery for four hours before using.
We have read complaints about this but sending a device with an empty battery is standard in most electronics.
It is easy to use by simply pressing the button. The light will shine for one minute and then switch off. You can repeat the treatment for another minute by double pressing the same button.
The batteries are easy to change and the device comes with a charger that plugs directly into the wall.
The charger is nothing special and is suitable to charge one battery at a time.
The literature is cleverly worded to say that this like provides 1500mw of power which sounds a lot but in reality is only 1.5 watts. This is suitable for this red light therapy device because the treatment area is only a 1-inch radius.
There are other models with a larger area of coverage and have more power but these units tend to have to be plugged into the mains.
The wavelength of light emitted is 660nm which is the wavelength of light that has the most research behind its effectiveness.
For more information about the wavelengths see our red light therapy page.
Being a battery powered device you need to be aware that you will get through batteries very quickly when using this device. Luckily they provide you with high powered, rechargeable 3.7v 3000mAh batteries.
You should not use any other batteries types with this product.
Luckily these are available online and at a cheaper price than the manufacturer sells them for.
The only feature of note is the built-in timer which switches the light off after one minute’s use.
This is a great addition although the treatment length does seem short compared to what other manufacturers recommend.
This light is limited in that it only provides the one type of light. It is now common for one device to provide alternative treatment options.
This light (at the time of writing) sells for $189.99 including shipping. We feel this is on the high side but are given some peace of mind by the 60-day satisfaction guarantee you get which is the equivalent of a free trial. This provides a no-risk purchase.
The extensive reviews written over a long period of time should also give you peace of mind.